It is a well-known fact that we now depend on the internet for completing most of our tasks. Most of us have wifi at our homes and offices, but there’s no lie in saying that wifi routers provided by our internet service providers (ISP) are quite outdated compared to where technology has reached now. They provide us very limited features.
- 1 Top 20 Best WiFi routers of 2017:
- 2 2. ASUS RT-ACRH13 DUAL-BAND 2X2 AC1300 WIFI 4-PORT GIGABIT ROUTER WITH USB 3.0
- 2.1 3. NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC1900 DUAL BAND WI-FI GIGABIT ROUTER
- 2.2 4. TP-LINK N450 WIRELESS WI-FI ROUTER
- 2.3 5. TP-LINK AC1200 GIGABIT WIRELESS WI-FI ROUTER
- 2.4 6. GOOGLE WI-FI SYSTEM
- 2.5 7. TP-LINK ARCHER C7 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGA ROUTER
- 2.6 NETGEAR AC1750 SMART WIFI ROUTER DUAL CORE 800MHz PROCESSOR
- 2.7 9. SECURIFI-ALMOND (3 MINUTE SETUP) TOUCHSCREEN WIFI WIRELESS ROUTER
- 2.8 10. NETGEAR ORBI HOME WIFI SYSTEM
- 2.9 11. TP-LINK AC1900 WIRELESS WIFI ROUTER
- 2.10 12. NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC1750 SMART DUAL BAND WIFI ROUTER
- 2.11 13. TP-LINK AC3150 WIRELESS WIFI GIGABIT ROUTER
- 2.12 14. ASUS RT-AC88U WIRELESS-AC3100 DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
- 2.13 15. NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTER
- 2.14 16. NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC1900 (24×8) WIFI CABLE MODEM ROUTER
- 2.15 17. APPLE AIRPORT EXPRESS BASE STATION
- 2.16 18. TP-LINK N300 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) WIRELESS WIFI CABLE MODEM ROUTER
- 2.17 19. TP-LINK AC1200 WIRELESS WIFI DUAL BAND-FAST ETHERNET ROUTER
- 2.18 20. ASUS AC1900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND (5GHz + 2.4 GHz) GIGABIT WIFI ROUTER
- 2.19 Share this:
- 2.20 Comments
Top 20 Best WiFi routers of 2017:
It is crucial to invest in a good wifi router as it can enhance your internet experience drastically. We all want a wifi router that provides great speed, extended range, robust security options, and a stable connection even when we connect multiple devices to it. Don’t you want a wifi router that can suffice all your needs? We are sure you do. So here we have shortlisted top 20 best wifi routers for 2017.
1. AFOUNDRY WIRELESS ROUTER FAST HIGH-SPEED WIFI ROUTER
Afoundry has some of the best wifi routers out there. This one especially has almost every feature you would want in a router. From looks to features, this has it all. If you are looking for a wifi router that lets you stream HD videos without any buffering and also enables you to transfer large data with great speed, this would be your best bet. Now let’s have a look at its features.
- This router vaunts a very durable metal body so if it falls on the ground by mistake, don’t worry
- It also has six high-gain 7dBi antennas which result in better connection
- Superior dual band wireless signal (2.4 GHz) which is enough to make it pass through walls of radius 40 feet.
- At best, it can provide an outstanding bandwidth of 750mbps which allows you to connect multiples devices without having to compromise with speed
- Has a single USB port which is enough to let you share media across your home or office network.
- And to protect your network, it has inbuilt WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
2. ASUS RT-ACRH13 DUAL-BAND 2X2 AC1300 WIFI 4-PORT GIGABIT ROUTER WITH USB 3.0
Asus is known for its computers, laptops, and smartphones. But very few know that it produces great wifi routers as well. Asus also ranked the highest customer satisfaction with wireless routers in the United States. This says it all. Features of this particular wifi router will leave you stunned.
- This wifi router dual-band AC1300 flaunts a typical 2×2 MU-MIMO technology which caters a high speed of 1267 Mbps. With that high speed, you can even put big files such as movies, etc. on download
- It has four 5dbi antennas which increase the range of your wifi connectivity and also multi-device performance (Android and iOS)
- Has a 3.0 USB port which makes it easy to share massive files with your networks
- The process of setting up this wifi router is very easy and simple and won’t take much of your time.
3. NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC1900 DUAL BAND WI-FI GIGABIT ROUTER
The Nighthawk router is perfect for gamers and also for those who are always streaming something. We often experience lags while gaming and that completely ruins our gaming experience. If you set up this router at your home or office, you wouldn’t have to worry about putting a heavy load on your wifi connection. This is the next generation’s wireless wifi router. Let’s check out its features now
- This wifi router comes with a 1GHz dual-core processor combined with AC1900 wifi which makes sure you don’t experience any lag while gaming or streaming media.
- Beamforming+, inbuilt high powered amplifiers and its three external antennae are there to transform your experience completely
- You can have access to your home network even when you’re away from home using features such as open VPN, ReadyCLOUD, and Netgear Genie remote access.
- Easy to setup using the Netgear up app
4. TP-LINK N450 WIRELESS WI-FI ROUTER
This is another one of the best wireless wi-fi routers out in the market. Well, wireless wifi routers are the whole range now. This one boasts great speed and thus is perfect for online games and streaming HD quality videos and movies.
- At its best, it can provide you internet speed of 450 Mbps which makes it a great option for downloading large files, movies, and games. The only downside is that it is not compatible with your landline internet.
- It has three external antennae which provide you with a great range which is five times the range of 802.11g technology.
- This router is also fifteen times faster than those which come with 802.11g technology.
- Some of its unified features include IP based bandwidth control, single button WPS signal encryption and parental control.
5. TP-LINK AC1200 GIGABIT WIRELESS WI-FI ROUTER
TP-Link has produced some of the best wifi routers, and some of them have made up to this list. This specific router takes the wifi to the next generation of its outstanding features.
- Boasts a high speed of 1200 Mbps which is ideal for downloading large files, streaming HD videos and online gaming
- This router has three external antennas which help in maintaining the signal strength
- Makes storing and sharing of large media files easier with its two USB ports
- It also has four Gigabit Ethernet ports which provide you high speed even with wired connections
- Setting up this router is very simple and easy and can be done using the Tether app
- This product comes with a two-year warranty which is like a bonus
6. GOOGLE WI-FI SYSTEM
Looking for a wifi system that lets you have the access the Internet from any corner of your house? The Google wi-fi system would be your best bet then. This is the best wifi system in the market. It also costs a lot less than a lot of other wifi systems in the market
- Provides great wireless coverage throughout the house. A set of three systems are enough to cover a home with an area of 4000 sq.m or more
- Best Wi-Fi band (5GHz or 2.4GHz)
- Analyses the air space to connect to the cleanest channel
- Allows you to pause the wifi on a particular device
- Easy setup using the app control
7. TP-LINK ARCHER C7 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGA ROUTER
This wifi router is good for those looking for a high-speed wifi router which allows them to stream endless HD videos and perform other bandwidth-intensive tasks. This wifi router is also good for those seeking privacy and security.
- It’s dual-band wifi router. It operates over 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands at the same time. Smaller tasks including sending emails are controlled by 2.4GHz band, and bigger tasks including download of large files and HD video streaming is controlled by 5GHz band
- Total bandwidth of 1750Mbps
- The Archer 7 comes with three external antennae which ensure the stability of the signal strength. It also increases the wireless coverage and makes it easy for you to access the Internet from any corner of your large home or office.
- It has two multi-functional USB ports using which you can share files and media across your network. You can also share the files from anywhere via the FTP server
- It can provide you speed almost ten times faster than standard Ethernet connections
NETGEAR AC1750 SMART WIFI ROUTER DUAL CORE 800MHz PROCESSOR
This smart wifi router is perfect for office uses as it allows up a lot of devices to connect to it with access to great internet speed
- It comes with AC1750 Wi-Fi, dual-core processor and Beamforming+ technology which make it one of the most advanced wifi routers
- You can even connect up to twelve devices to it, and it would still provide a bandwidth of 1750Mbps
- Comes with dual ports of 2.0 and 3.0 which make sharing of media and files easy over your local network
- You can easily set up this router at your home or office using the Netgear Genie application
9. SECURIFI-ALMOND (3 MINUTE SETUP) TOUCHSCREEN WIFI WIRELESS ROUTER
This product is not just a wifi router but also a range extender. This is also world’s first wireless N touchscreen wifi router.
- It provides you high speed of 300Mbps
- It also comes with the latest WPA/WPA2 Security
- It’s very easy to set up and can be set up in only three minutes without the help of any computer
- It comes with bright, colourful screen which also enhances its looks
- It can be used as your wifi router, or you can connect it to your existing wifi router, and it will help extend its range
- It is compatible with a lot of devices including PC, Mac, and Linux
10. NETGEAR ORBI HOME WIFI SYSTEM
There are tonnes of dual band wifi routers, but Netgear Orbi is world’s first tri-band wifi system. If you are looking for a wifi system that would provide an excellent coverage with good signal strength, then this is the one for you. This wifi system covers every inch of your house or office.
- No dead spots in the house. It provides a great coverage of more than 4000 square meters. By adding an Orbi satellite, you can even extend that range
- No compromise with quality. Even if you connect multiple devices to it, it will make sure that the quality is being maintained
- Secure connections and easy set up are some of its best features
11. TP-LINK AC1900 WIRELESS WIFI ROUTER
Searching for a standard next generation wifi router? This one won’t leave you disappointed
- This wifi router supports 802.11ac which makes it a next generation wifi
- Dual band with one being 2.4GHz and another 5GHz. The 2.4ghz band is used for simple tasks, and the 5ghz band is used for more complex and heavy tasks. Both run simultaneously
- Total bandwidth of 1.9Gbps
- It comes with three detachable antennae which provide Omni-directional coverage while ensuring the signal stability
- It also has 1Ghz dual core processor which makes sure you don’t experience any lagging while doing multiple tasks at the same time
- It has two integrated USB ports. USB 3.0+2.0 ports which let you share media files easily over your local network
- Easy to set up
12. NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC1750 SMART DUAL BAND WIFI ROUTER
Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart dual-band is ideal for businesses or houses with many family members.
- It comes with three external antennae which facilitate you with the bandwidth of 1750Mbps making it ideal for homes or businesses where you need to connect more than twelve devices at once
- It comes with one USB port, i.e., 3.0 USB port which is ideal for simple file sharing
- It is a dual band wifi router. Dual bands being 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz
- It also comes with beamforming+ technology which ensures a good connection and increases range over both the signal bands
- The setup is very easy and can be done with the help of Netgear Genie application.
13. TP-LINK AC3150 WIRELESS WIFI GIGABIT ROUTER
This wifi router comes with the latest of latest technologies and enhances your internet experience. There is no doubt that TP-Link has taken wifi routers to a whole new level.
- The Archer 3150 has dual bands, 2.4Ghz and 5GHz which make sure that both your simple tasks and complex tasks are performed correctly
- Maximum combined bandwidth of 3150Mbps
- It flaunts its NitroQAM as well as 4-stream technology which allows it to transmit 25% more data than the usual
- Integrated MU-MIMO technology which let you connect multiple devices to it at the same time and even then, it provides four times with the speed of standard wifi routers
- Smart Connect technology automatically connects your device to the best available band according to its requirements and needs
- It boasts a powerful 1.4Ghz core processor and two other co-processors which make sure you have an uninterrupted browsing, streaming and gaming experience
- It also has four Gigabit Ethernet ports which make the wired connection faster.
14. ASUS RT-AC88U WIRELESS-AC3100 DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
This wifi router is especially useful for game lovers and also for those seeking extensive connectivity. This is one of those wifi routers which have exceptionally good features but also provide strong security.
- It comes with four antennae design with AiRadar universal beamforming technology which gives it its unrivalled range. It can transmit signals up to 5000 square meters.
- This is a super fast 802.11ac dual band wifi router which can provide a maximum bandwidth of 3167Mbps which is ideal speed for gaming, HD videos streaming and fast file sharing.
- By using Asus router app, you can control your network and share files anytime anywhere
- It comes with an integrated game accelerator from WTfast
- It is protected by AiProtection for triple-strength network security. Also, comes with parental controls and privacy options.
- It has MU-MIMO technology which makes sure multiple devices are connected to the wifi without having to compromise on the speed or quality of the connection
- It boasts eight Ethernet or LAN ports
- It has an integrated 1.4GHz dual-core processor
15. NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTER
Netgear was the first company in the world to introduce wireless wifi routers. As proof, we can see just how many great wifi routers it has in the market. This is one of them with its unique features. This one is highly recommended for small to medium houses.
- Set up and management is very easy. You can manage your network by using NETGEAR Genie home network manager application on your devices.
- It comes with parental controls and Pushes ‘N Connect secure connection (WPA/WPA2) for all of your smart devices.
- There are scheduled use times on this wifi router. This is its best feature. It makes sure your power is not being wasted when you are not connected to wifi by automating the wifi usage
16. NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC1900 (24×8) WIFI CABLE MODEM ROUTER
This is a two in one wireless-AC router. If you are looking for a wifi router on which you don’t have to splurge a lot of money, this is the one.
- Two in one wifi router
- At its best, it can offer you a speed of 960Mbps because of its 24×8 channel bonding capability
- This can help you save a lot of money by cutting off costly cable expenses. It can save you approx $120 a year.
17. APPLE AIRPORT EXPRESS BASE STATION
Its compact design can make anyone want to buy this product. But it’s not great with looks, but it also boasts some of the best features which will make any Apple user buy this product immediately.
- The setup is very easy and can be done just by a few taps on your Apple gadgets.
- It comes with a dual band 802.11n which ensures that every connected device get automatically connected to the best available for it
- Airplay takes the music from your songs library on your Apple device and sends it to the speakers so now you can play your favourite music anytime
- You can also wirelessly print from any room. There’s a USB port on the back of this product which ensures you can access printer from sitting in any room of your house
- It has an integrated firewall to protect your devices from any virus attacks.
- It is compatible with most of the devices
- You can even create a guest network separately just for your guests
18. TP-LINK N300 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) WIRELESS WIFI CABLE MODEM ROUTER
This cable modem router helps you cut your cable expenses and also provides you with an ultra-wireless experience. Good for people looking for a decent wifi router.
- This cable modem router is compatible with cable internet plans of up to 150Mbps
- It provides you with a speed of 300Mbps making your internet experience smoother
- It has a channel bonding of 8 downstream channels and four upstream channels.
- Its DOCSIS 3.0 technology makes it eight times faster than the previous version of DOCSIS
- It has four Gigabit Ethernet ports which make wired connections faster than ever before
- It has one USB port 2.0 which allows you to share media files across your local network or remotely by using FTP server
- Great value for money as it helps in reducing monthly rental fee
19. TP-LINK AC1200 WIRELESS WIFI DUAL BAND-FAST ETHERNET ROUTER
This is another one of the next generation wifi routers. It’s an excellent upgrade for your house. It is also perfect if you are always using internet and streaming videos or playing games.
- This wireless wifi router supports 802.11ac wifi technology
- Its dual bands combined provide a bandwidth of 1167Mbps which is perfect for HD quality video streaming and large data files sharing
- It comes with two dual external antennas which provide superior coverage and stability
- It also has a USB port that lets you share media files and printer locally
- You can manage your local network from any of your devices by using TP-Link Tether
20. ASUS AC1900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND (5GHz + 2.4 GHz) GIGABIT WIFI ROUTER
This is the last but not the least wifi router in our list.
- This wifi router sports the latest 802.11ac 3×3 technology
- The combined speed facilitated by the dual bands can be up to 1900Mbps
- It has a 1GHz dual-core processor which allows you to multi-task efficiently without any lag
- You can manage your local network at your fingertips by using the Asus router app on any of your smart devices
- It also boasts AiProtection technology which helps keep your network secure from any malicious internet attacks and also helps in maintaining privacy.
So, this is our list of top 20 best wifi routers 2017. We also listed features of each of them to help you choose better. You can now decide which one you want to buy according to your needs and demands. Investing in a good wifi router is very important as it can change your internet experience drastically. Here we tried our level best to cover only the best wifi routers of 2017. However, if you have been using a really good WiFi router, or if you have any suggestion in mind, do let us also know 🙂