You can configure your home router by login to the administrative page of your router. You need to know your IP Address and password in order to configure your router. All the routers connected to a home network can be accessed through the IP Address. Usually, home router IP address starts 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- 1 How to find your router’s IP address?
- 2 Final words :
How to find your router’s IP address?
If you are having trouble finding your IP address, then you don’t have to worry about it because I’m going to show how you can find your router IP address through various devices and operating system.
find your router’s IP address in Windows
Finding the IP address is very easy on Windows PC. You can easily look for the default gateway where you can see the IP address of your router.
- The first thing you have to do is boot up your computer and go to start and type CMD in the search and press enter.
- A command prompt will open up, type up ipconfig in the blank area and press enter.
- You will get the default gateway. This method is for Windows 7 and XP.
If your computer is using Wi-Fi, then identify “wireless Internet connection” instead of LAN “Local Area Network”. For Windows 8 you can see “Wireless Internet Connection” as “Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi and a wired connection is called “Ethernet Adapter” Ethernet.
find your router’s IP address in Mac OS
- Go to Finder>Applications>Utilities>Terminal app to open the terminal window.
- In the terminal window, type “netstart-nr |grep default” to see the IP address of your home router.
There is also an alternate way of finding the IP address on Mac OS through the regular interface.
- At the top of your Mac screen click on the Apple menu.
- Go to system preference.
- Now click on the “Network” icon.
- Now select your network in the network list and click on “advanced ” to continue.
- Now click on “TCP/IP” button, and you will see your router’s IP address to the right side of your router.
find your router’s IP address in Linux
- Open the terminal window by going to Application > System Tools > Terminal.
- After opening the terminal window, type “IP route | grep default” or “ipconfig”.
- After that, you can see your IP address on the inet address of Ubuntu terminal window.
It also has an alternate way of finding out IP address.
- Simple click on the network icon in the notification area.
- You can find this in the regular interface.
- Now select or choose “Connection Information”.
- After selecting “connection information,” you can find your home router IP address on the gateway default and up the route.
find your router’s IP address in iOS
It is very easy to find IP address on iOS devices. I’m going to show you how you can get your IP address for iOS 8 and 9. Go to settings >wifi> select the appropriate network. Look for the router option in the static tab and DHCP section. The number showing as 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 will be your IP address.
find your router’s IP address in Android
For Android, I’m going to suggest you download an app called Wi-Fi analyser. What it does is it tells you everything about your wi-fi connection and of course your IP address.
- Open the App and go to “view” menu which shows you the AP list.
- Connect your app to your wi-fi network, and it will show you the notification as connected.
- Tap on the header on the right side of the screen, and you will see the information about your wi-fi network.
find your router’s IP address in Chrome Browser
- Click in the notification area on the taskbar of your browser.
- Now select the appropriate network and connect it.
- Now simply select the network name after connecting it, and you will see your IP address.
Final words :
Most of the IP address is going to start with 192.168 and if you are having problems with your router or Wi-Fi connection then contact your service provider to fix them for you and also they can help you find your IP address.
So here are some of the operating systems where I showed you how you could get the IP address in each operating system.